- Resource Login
- About Us
- Members' Resources
Readings Connected to Conference Theme
In order to prepare for the conversations that we hope will spring forth at this year's conference, we provide the following readings for your consideration:
- HyeRan Kim-Cragg, "The Emperor Has No Clothes: Exposing Whiteness as Explicit, Implicit and Null Curricula," Religious Education 114, no. 3 (2019): 1-13.
- Peggy McIntosh, "White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack," Working Paper 189.
- Dana Nichols, "Teaching Critical Whiteness Theory: What College and University Teachers Need to Know," Understanding and Dismantling Privilege 1 (August 2010): 1-12.
- Kwok Pui-lan, "Postcolonial Preaching in Intercultural Contexts," Homiletic 40, no. 1 (2015): 8-21.
- Claudia Rankine, "I Wanted to Know What White Men Thought About Their Privilege. So I Asked," New York Times Magazine (online 17 July 2019 edition)
- Audrey Thompson, "Summary of Whiteness Theory."
- Sarah Travis, "Troubled Gospel: Postcolonial Preaching for the Colonized, Colonizer, and Everyone in Between," Homiletic 40, no. 1 (2015): 47-55.